Wednesday 2 January 2013

Chilly Suzhou

 
Ok the philosophical woman in China is now gone and she is wondering why she came to live in a fridge lol.  The sky is clear, blue, sun is shining but it is absolutely freezing, Classrooms remain warm if you leave the door shut but enter into the open plan atrium (see below) and your teeth begin to chatter and students and staff take their lessons in coats and scarves.

 
 
However even though it is rather cold the walk to my art room which is away from the main school and across the campus makes the chill factor disappear with such lovely old grounds to walk through.
 
 
I come from Wales the land of the rain and cold I should be able to handle a bit of cold weather but "Oh no".  If you are one of the lucky people to have an apartment that has underfloor heating (not in my price range)  warmth is easier to come by..........changing ceiling aircon (so necessary in the summer) to heating for the winter allows air to be blown around the room and warm the ceiling but unfortunately I do not sit on the ceiling of my apartment.  At least I brought two cases back with me full of jumpers, cardigans, boots............gloves, scarves and very thick socks I can get from here.
 
When the furry, flowerey, patchwork, towelling, frilled toilet seat covers began to enter the shops a month ago, myself and Jake thought they were so humerous we would get them as fun christmas gifts for people at home who would appreciate their subtelty.  So who did I give my gifts to Taff (brother in law) and Beattie (Charlies boyfriend).  Well gentlemen all I will say is I know why they use them.
 

1 comment:

  1. Never mind you kept lovely and warm whilst back in wales lying next to my husband on each of your visits and before going out there of course - and even learning to take a while over the washing up - something he did with me of course many a time - did he ever mention the fact that whilst you and he were shagging i was nursing my terminally ill mother ! You two have the same level of morals it seems.

    ReplyDelete