Monday 11 February 2013

Chinese New Years Day SIP

Came back to SIP (where I lieve more modern part of Suzhou) on the afternoon of chinese new years day.  But downtown and the shopping areas were absolutoely packed with shoppers and families and street sellers of food and crafts etc.  When we got back to Sip we then went out on the metro to the Expo and cultural centre and I have never seen so many people in one place since I have been in China.  The metro was packed and then you came out of it into what was like a Chinese version of Blackpool illuminations except better and brighter and bigger.  There are lots of displays like static floats which led over the bridge and to an avenue of lanterns and then to a market of street food sellers, selling anything from crabs on sticks, stinky tofu, multi coloured eggs, bbq meat of some description on sticks, squids on sticks and anything else you can imagine.  We then walked into Times Square (not the US one that would have been a long walk) to see the Sky TV running above our heads and then to Casa Zoe II for dinner.  Not as nice as the Casa Zoe we have made our local
Unfortunately I ten spent the night being ill .......from what I ahve no idea as I know better than to partake in the street food so I can only assume it was something from Casa Zoe II :-(
 
Charlie being stared at lol whilst Beattie gets his portrait cut in paper by a chinese FLOK artist and no that is not my usual bad spelling look at the sign
 
Cultire and Expo centre lit up
 
 Crowds and illuminations







1 comment:

  1. As always these pictures are fantastic. I was thinking of you on Sunday when they had closed off a road running past a Chinese restaurant in Bangor because of some dragon displays.
    Enjoy the rest of your holidays.

    ReplyDelete