Monday 31 December 2012

Back in Suzhou





I had a fantastic time seeing my two gorgeous very special daughters, my supportive family and my good friends whilst I have been home and it has been great to be back in Wales which is my home with the people I love and in my own home.  But being home has also made me realise that I will always have a home in wales with a family in wales but this move to a new job, 6000 miles away, 8 hours time difference, new country, new life, new friends was the right move for me.  It has changed my outlook on life, given me new energy and enthusiasm for myself and my work and the picture below really says it all.  Even at the age of 50 when you think you just about cant take anymore or work any harder something comes along to help you see the light at the end of the tunnel.



Well here I am once again in Suzhou and suprisingly enough the journey although very long from door to door went remarkedly well.  Have to say ................leaving at 9am on Sunaday morning taking car back to car hire at Manchester airport............. flight to Doha at 2.10pm then 7 hours later arrive in Doha with 50 minutes to get to next flight (nice Doha staff showed me the easy way and through I went no problem) ..........then flight with empty seat next to me :-) another 7 hours to Shanghai .... no queues at immigration straight through.....bags off first..........driver waiting to pick me up "Karen Tea" lol  (sign not as good as Charlies and Beatties when they met me at Manchester).............90 minute drive to Suzhou.....was all very smooth.  Some lovely pics of moon and sunrise from 33000 feet over the sea and India but having probs with getting them off my phone so will add when I can figure it out lol.

Very cold here but dry unlike Wales at the minute and snow on the ground ...thank heavens for all the jumpers, hoodies and boots I packed.  Heating on in the apartment then out for dinner with the Casa Zoe gang and a catch up with new friends and people who have made the transition for me here so much easier with their friendship and support .......Rebecca, Dan, Sophie (aged 3), Jake, Michael.............lovely to catch up over a margharita or two.

Now time to chill cup of tea, some chocolate, make the bed, find what delights I have packed and then crawl into bed with a thick duvet and hot water bottle as I can feel myself flagging now. 

Its New Year in 1 hour  here in Suzhou but I dont think I am going to make it and for those of you in the UK you will just be celebrating midnight when I am waking at 8am so may still be able to wish you a happy New Year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Karen,
    glad to hear that you are safely back in Suzhou.
    It was nice to see pictures of your mum and Sam again. It looks as if your mum never changes.
    Happy New year to you and all the best.
    Renate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renate........Happy New Year to you too.............Sam is now teaching in Castell Alun in Mold/Wrexham and loving it (English and a year 7 form tutor) ..... Mum finally retired from Emrys just before christmas so it will be strange for her not to be going back this term xxx

    ReplyDelete