Saturday 18 May 2013

Beijing pics

Apologies for not adding these pics sooner or getting to my blog sooner.  Since Beijing we have been busy at school with exams, and invigilation and preparations for the Arts Festival.  Plus I now leave my lap top at school in an evening which has all my pics on and I just use the i pad.....my shoulders were starting to suffer carrying the laptop plus other things backwards and forwards to work every day.
 
Anyway better alte than never so they say and below are the photos of my visit to Beijing with friends.  It was an incredible visit starting 1st may and returning 5th may and I visited places I never thought I would have the opportunity to visit such places and as a friend once told me you should "take the opportuity of a life time in the lifetime of the opportunity" and I did and am.

Here we go come with me on a whirl wind tour of Beijing :-)

5 hour train journey from Suzhou to Beijing on the fast train with Jake, Rebecca, Dan and Sophie - business class luxery



 
Night markets in Beijing, the food is for the tourists but people do eat them, live scorpions, starfish, seahorses, millipedes and pigeons.
 



 
Tianamen square never thought I would be standing here
 
 
 
Forbidden City..............so massive, so much to see seemed to go on and on forever, our guide told us that the emperor lived there with his one empress, 3000 concubines and 7000 eunuchs.  Never did I think that I would be in Beijing seeing all these things.









Temple of Heaven a beautiful place






 
We went to see a kung fu show that is the top in Beijing at the Red Theatre
 
THE WALL - oh what an amazing experience only in my dreams did I think I would be standing on the Great Wall of China



 
Rubbish littering the sides doewn below the wall .....nowhere is sacred.


 
The Summer palace where the Empress stayed and partied without the Emperor







 
Peking duck Banquet
 
Tibetan Lama Temple what a beautiful place








 
This has a guiness world record plaque outside it for the biggest statue made from a single piece of cedar wood and it is 3 storeys high.


 

3 comments:

  1. Must have been a fabulous trip....one to remember all your life....xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you can see pics of me as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous. Much more exciting than our trip to Devon, Cornwall and Germany, even though that was good as well.
    My niece had a Chinese boyfriend for a while and she went to China with him and his family. They went on the silk route but also went to see the Great Wall and afterwards were absolutely enchanted by the experience.
    I bet this will not be your last trip to Beijing. All the best for further adventures.

    ReplyDelete